This has truly been an exciting time for the faith community at New Hope Community Christian Church. I am so honored and privileged to be the pastor of a wonderful and growing community. On the first Worship Service, Sunday October 9, 2016 five courageous souls committed to joining NHCCC and join me with planting a new faith community in St. Louis North County. Since that day three more have joined in the building of God’s Kingdom on earth to serve as the hands and feet of Jesus the Christ. This number reflects only a glimpse of the support that NHCCC has and does not show the true picture. Although eight have joined and gave a public confession of faith we are blessed with eight more individuals who are consistent in attendance for worship and participate in the life of the church. I have also had the privilege of baptizing two and performing a Baby Ceremony.
Although we are few in number the hearts are big and open to grow in spirit and service. I prayed that I would lead and serve with a diverse faith community and NHCCC is already showing early signs as a diverse body in terms of age.
We have been blessed by so many but I want to acknowledge several congregations in the Christian Church for all of their love and support. Florissant Valley Christian Church has provided us space for all of our Christian Education meetings such as weekly Bible Study; congregational meetings; membership, leadership, baptism classes…etc. Centennial Christian Church provided the space for the Baptism Ceremony, and we were gifted with many items from Liberation Christian Church when they dissolved.
The vision of NHCCC is “Heart to God, Hand to Serve, Hope to Transform” and we have already began our efforts to minister and serve with the least, last, lost, and left behind through God’s mission for the world. Please see below community and mission projects that we initiated or participated in. I also included opportunities I have been privileged to serve as a Minister of the Gospel.
- Donated items/gifts to the Annie Malone Children’s Home Christmas Drive
- Officiated my 1st Wedding
- Participated in the 1st Annual Black History Program for the community of Bellefontaine Neighbors
- Hosted a Christian Faith based Organization from Chicago – By the Hand Club for Kids (10 high school young men and 3 adults)
- Held a Black History Celebration Youth Worship Service – the entire Worship Service was carried out by the children/youth with 53 in attendance
- Assembled and carried 90 care packages and lunches for our neighbors without homes in the downtown area
- Invited to offer the closing prayer/benediction for the Women Day Celebration at Saint John’s UCC
- Invited to preach at Holy City Ministries
Upcoming April events include:
In closing, I give thanks to God for all of the love, support, and prayers that NHCCC continues to receive from The Christian Church (DOC) and the many faith communities and individuals. I pray that over time we emerge as a strong partner & pillar in the community we have been called to serve, develop ministries which will offer more opportunities to assist and serve the needs of the community, and continue to grow spiritually, numerically, and financially.
Peace & Blessings,
Pastor Rhonda R. Aldridge
[from her recent report to the CCMA board]