The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Mid-America is seeking candidates for the position of Transitional Regional Minister Team Member.
- An ordained minister with standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Enough congregational experience to relate/resonate with pastors and congregations
- Adept at forming relationships quickly
- A team player
- Good communication skills
- Good administration and organization skills
- Experience in administrating the search and call system helpful, but not mandatory
- Experience with youth and outdoor ministries
- Availability for travel
A successful candidate for this position is one who has knowledge and experience with regard to racial diversity, and/or willingness to grow in this area.
To apply please contact Rev. Dr. Mike Weinman, Christian Church of Mid-America in the Springfield office: 500 South Avenue, Springfield, Missouri 65806-3102, phone 417.865.0850.
Current search and call papers will be required.
Application deadline is August 31, 2015.
Job Description Transitional Regional Minister Team Member
Vision. The Mid-America Region is envisioned as a continuously developing network of relationships that includes broader and deeper participation by congregations, ministers, and laity in congregational clusters, learning communities, and shared mission and ministries.
Mission. The Mid-America Region’s mission is to provide resources and support for congregations, individually and collectively, as they seek to be more faithful, effective, and sustainable in the mission to which God calls us.
Values. In keeping with Ephesians 4:11-12, Mid-America Disciples also affirm the core values of true community (mutual support) and accountability), deep Christian spirituality, and passion for justice.
Geographical location: Northeast MO – relates specifically to Northeast clusters 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5
Accountable to: CCMA executive committee and governance board
- Communicate and embody the Region’s vision, mission, and values
- Work with the search and call system
- Provide pastoral care for the ordained and commissioned ministers and their families
- Attend clergy cluster meetings and engage in a process of energizing and nurturing cluster development
- Be available for Sunday preaching and other relationship building opportunities in the congregations
- Conduct ordinations and installations of new ministers
- Be available to congregations for conflict mediation
- Participate fully in Regional Minister Team staff meetings
- Attend Regional Board meetings and Regional Assemblies
- Along with the other Regional Minister Team members, carry and lead a proportionate share of mission and ministry areas (as mutually agreed upon within the team); these currently include: attend Commission on the Ministry meetings, provide staff support for the Christian Regional Youth (CRY) and Region-wide outdoor ministries, supervise the contract staff for the African-American Convocation, and provide staff support for Region-wide leadership development