This entry level Anti-racism training is provided by our Mid-America Regional Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism team. The schedule includes speakers, video, interactive experiences and conversation. Attendees will learn to:
- Name and understand key terms/concepts related to racism
- Describe current and historic examples of institutional racism, white privilege, civil and human rights in the U.S.
- Explore and articulate biblical foundations for justice ministry
- Engage in informed dialogue about current issues of racism and work toward reconciliation in the U.S. and in local communities
- Begin to develop personal and community-based “Next Steps” to address systemic racism in participants’ own communities.
The $50 fee includes lunch and all distributed materials.
Each session must have at least 25 participants registered by one week prior to the event or it may be cancelled.
Plan to arrive and check in by 8:45am so training can begin promptly at 9:00.
Check-in opens at 8:15am.
Effective January 1, 2017, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Mid-America's Regional Commission on the Order of Ministry added to its continuing education policy the requirement of an approved Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism training course every three years. This policy change is to underscore the Region's commitment tot he identity of the Disciples as a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world.
August 19, 2017 at Webster Groves Christian Church
1320 W. Lockwood Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119 - REGISTER ONLINE NOW
September 9, 2017 at First Christian Church
900 Jackson St, Chillicothe, MO 64601 (changed from Cameron) - REGISTER ONLINE NOW