This entry level Anti-racism training is provided by our Mid-America Regional Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism team. The schedule includes speakers, video, interactive experiences and conversation. Attendees will learn to:
- Name and understand key terms/concepts related to racism
- Describe current and historic examples of institutional racism, white privilege, civil and human rights in the U.S.
- Explore and articulate biblical foundations for justice ministry
- Engage in informed dialogue about current issues of racism and work toward reconciliation in the U.S. and in local communities
- Begin to develop personal and community-based “Next Steps” to address systemic racism in participants’ own communities.
The $50 fee includes lunch and all distributed materials.
Plan to arrive and check in by 8:45am so training can begin promptly at 9:00.
Check-in opens at 8:15am.
Effective January 1, 2017, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Mid-America's Regional Commission on the Order of Ministry added to its continuing education policy the requirement of an approved Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism training course every three years. This policy change is to underscore the Region's commitment tot he identity of the Disciples as a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world.