Here's everything you need to know about our 2018 Regional Assembly
When: Friday, April 20 and Saturday, April 21 (with some pre-Assembly activity on Thursday, April 19)
Where: Hannibal, Missouri - mostly at the Quality Inn & Suites at 120 Lindsey Drive, Hwy 36
Why: Because we're Disciples - it's what we do! Please join us!
“My time has not yet come, but your time is always here.”
John 7:6 (NRSV)
Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond the control of the owner, the riverboat cruise that was planned for our Assembly on Friday evening will not be taking place. The boat received some scheduled repairs over the winter and was anticipated to be ready in plenty of time. However, the agencies that regulate riverboat traffic have been delayed in their mandatory inspection of the repairs, and so the necessary certification has not been obtained. The owners are extremely sorry for this disappointment. They have secured the Rialto Banquet Hall in downtown Hannibal for our dinner/worship, and will be issuing vouchers for a future riverboat ride. Of course our Assembly planners were very excited about offering this unique experience, and sincerely apologize for this turn of events. Perhaps since the forecast is for 55° on Friday evening, we can look at being indoors as unintended grace!
- Voting delegate information.
- Nominating committee report.
- Business session minutes from 2016 Assembly. 2016 Assembly book.
- Find lodging information in the brochure.
- Boundary training available for clergy on Thursday, April 19.
- Our General Minister & President, Rev. Teresa Hord Owens will be with us both days! She will preach at the worship on Friday evening and give a mission progress report on Saturday.
- Friday lunch, Friday dinner, and Saturday lunch are included in your registration fee. No adding on this or that meal and having to calculate your total registration fee.
- Our newest Regional Minister Team members will be installed. Rev. Dr. Paul Koch for the Northeast and Rev. Katrina Palan for the Southwest.
- Keep revisiting this page - we will continue to update information as it becomes available. Of course you'll get a booklet at the event, but we will post reports and other information here ahead of time so you can hit the Assembly ground running!
- Here's the event brochure with a full schedule for both days and a mail-in registration form. Here's the separate registration/permission form for those attending the children's programming at the Assembly.
- Got questions? Give us a call at (314) 918-2515 or email us at email@example.com.