This is the entry level Anti-racism training provided by our Mid-America Regional Pro-Reconciliation/Anti-Racism team. The schedule includes speakers, video, interactive experiences and conversation. Attendees will learn to:
- Name and understand key terms/concepts related to racism
- Describe current and historic examples of institutional racism, white privilege, civil and human rights in the U.S.
- Explore and articulate biblical foundations for justice ministry
- Engage in informed dialogue about current issues of racism and work toward reconciliation in the U.S. and in local communities
- Begin to develop personal and community-based “Next Steps” to address systemic racism in participants’ own communities.
This event may be cancelled if there are not at least 25 participants registered by September 2.
The training session begins at 9. Check-in opens at 8:15.
This session was originally scheduled to take place at FCC in Cameron but was changed 5/3.