The Disciples Women are still seeking a contract staff coordinator.
Learn more. Application deadline is April 5, 2017.
Ask any pastor who has served for any length of time which organization in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) does more for missions and without hesitation you will hear, “Disciples Women!” (Formerly known as the Christian Women’s Fellowship) Beyond benevolence work, however, Disciples Women are also about helping women to become more fully who they are in Christ and bring their voice and energy to help shape the Church’s future.
The Cabinet will meet and provide Leadership training for the Northeast, Northwest, Southeast Gateway, and Southwest officers on March 3-4, 2017 and March 2-3, 2018. The Cabinet will also meet August 4-5, 2017 and August 3-4, 2018.
- Northwest Spring Assembly April 29, 2017.
- Southeast Gateway Spring Festival April 29, 2017.
- Mid-America Fall Retreat November 3-5.
- Disciples Women Gathering flyer for Regional Assembly
- Disciples Women information for Regional Assembly October 7-9, 2016.
- Northwest officers elected for 2016-2017.
- This year's Christian Ministries Scholarships have been awarded! Read more here.
- The Just Women 2016 Bible Study– The Table and Beyond: Lavish Hospitality in the Bible is now available here!
- The Disciples Women’s Ministries of Mid-America Facebook Page where you will find the most recent news and information
- Just Women is a quarterly resource by and for Disciples Women
- Disciples Women is the denomination’s site for information about events, resources, and inspiring stories of women living out their faith in powerful ways
- Mid-America Disciples Women Cabinet
- Christian Ministries Scholarship Fund
- Agendas, minutes, and reports from recent meetings
We are NOT a safe club for little ladies to play church. We are smart. We are brave. We want to change the world. As women we can offer strategic leadership, wisdom, counsel, teaching, and preaching. We want to give and serve and make a difference. We want to be challenged. We want to read books and talk politics, theology, and current events. We want to wrestle through our theology. We want to listen to each other. We want to worship, we want to intercede for our sisters and weep with those who weep, rejoice with those that rejoice, to create life and art and justice with intention. We strive to be a community of women, gathered together to live more whole-heartedly, to sharpen, challenge, love, and inspire one another to then scatter back out to our worlds bearing the mandate to be women that love. (adapted from an article by Sarah Bessey)