On September 11th, Community Christian Church, in Manchester, Missouri, hosted its first annual day of mission.
Worship began with one service at 9:00. Then, while exiting the doors of the sanctuary, pausing to take communion, and singing the song “Sanctuary,” CCC members had the opportunity to participate in one of several mission projects for the day:
- A worship, barbeque, and time of fellowship at Epworth Children and Family Services in Webster Groves, MO. While sharing a meal and playing games with one another, residents of Epworth were able to interact and share in conversation with members of CCC.
- A day of painting with a client of Caring Solutions—an organization that started in the basement of CCC more than fifteen years ago, dedicated to designing and providing individualized services for adults and children with developmental disabilities so that they can lead fulfilling lives.
- A day of yard work on the church grounds.
- A day of volunteering with “Manchester Days”—the community in which we live and serve.
- A day of card and cupcake making with the yummy goodies and well wishes taken to our local first responders. One of the visits even included a tour of the ambulance and fire trucks!
The day of service concluded with everyone returning to the church in the evening, for a shared meal and stories of the day.
Another day of mission will take place this spring. It is our hope that as we go forth into the world and beyond the walls of the church we can, as our opening song of worship for the day proclaimed, “Go and Make a Difference.”
Story & photos courtesy of Community Christian Church.