This page was created to store all of the information concerning our Regional Restructure as we prepared for its approval and implementation. It has been approved and implemented since our Assembly in October 2015.
Thank you for wanting to learn more about the proposed Mid-America restructure!
(If you're a returning visitor to this page, please note that the information is now listed with the new additions first. Thanks for coming back and staying informed!)
From now until the summer of 2015 all Mid-America Disciples are invited to engage in conversations about regional restructure. A proposal to move to one governance structure for the Region and to dissolve the four Area governance structures will be considered at the special October, 2015 Regional Assembly.
We Disciples make important decisions together and this time is no exception. Become informed. Ask questions. Give prayerful feedback.
- Personnel Guidelines and Recommendations
- Mid-America Vision, Mission, Values and Strategy document
- Business session agenda
- Proposed 2016 budget
- Resolutions - Bylaws, Merger, and Election of Officers (action item)
- Oneness resolution (action item)
- Voting delegate information
- Merger Agreement Explanation
- Plan and Agreement of Merger (action item)
- Resolution for Regional Merger - SEGA (action item)
- Dollars and "Sense": Funding a Restructuring Region Serving and Supporting Congregational Missions and Ministries (video)
- Dollars and "Sense": Funding a Restructuring Region Serving and Supporting Congregational Missions and Ministries (color document)
- Dollars and "Sense": Funding a Restructuring Region Serving and Supporting Congregational Missions and Ministries (black and white document)
- A letter from Marshfield CC pastor Alex Ruth, "What does it mean to me?" (June 3, 2015)
- A letter from our Budget Committee Chair, Kathy Brown, "The Joy of Giving!" (May 29, 2015)
- A letter from our Moderator, Guy Adams, about the new Mid-America (May 21, 2015)
- A Recommendation in Principle to Reduce the Size of the Governing Body of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Mid-America
- The Hope of Transformation: Northwest Area Minister Bill Rose-Heim's thoughts at this point in the process. January 13, 2015.
- Is There a Future for Middle Judicatory Ministry? A study of the Christian Church of Mid-America (Disciples of Christ). Doctor of Ministry Project by N. Alexander Ruth.
- Why care? (Please circulate this one page brochure or share the link among your congregational leaders. This conversation is important and we need and want your constructive feedback. Disciples are among the few denominations that allow every member to help shape the future of the wider church ministries that support their congregations. Let's make use of this ability. Thank you!)
- Find more great resources through the Hope Partnership for Missional Transformation
- It Isn't Whining if I'm Grieving!: Leave no one left out or left behind in congregational transformation
- Mid-America Region and the Mission Funding System (by Associate General Minister and Vice President Todd Adams)
- Hopeful Signs (short video featuring Moderator Guy Adams)
- FAQ's - a list of questions we have received and proposed answers
- Table Talk - a detailed guide to begin constructive conversations
- One page description of proposed changes